Monday, July 18, 2011

A nice little Niche

On Saturday night Scott and I decided to check out a restaurant in the Benton Park neighborhood called Niche.  Thanks to Jeni and gift cards we received for Christmas (I know, we really slacked at using them) we were able to really enjoy our meal.

It was the first time, in a long time that we dressed up for a nice date night out.  We both were excited to go there since we have heard great reviews from family and friends.  I'm always nervous about new restaurants but I did not google the menu for this meal.

We decided to start with some appetizers since we were warned it would take about 30 minutes for our entrees to cook.  So, we to go with the Day Boat Scallops.  I'm not a huge seafood fan, but this is the second time I've been in love with scallops.  The first was a dish Scott's sister made, these were just as good.

Then the main course, I had the fillet of beef and Scott had the pork duo.  Both were awesome and I just couldn't get enough of the pureed potato on the side.  I've decided that I need to learn how to puree things.  For desert Scott had the Chocolate and I had the Strawberry Shortcake (not listed on the menu online).  The food was amazing and I can't wait to go back!

After dinner, since we were dressed up we headed over to Bailey's Chocolate Bar for a drink or two.  It ended up being only a drink.  I forgot how strong the martini's really are and after my Dark Martini I was done.  We had a great night out!

Also, today is our 2 year dating anniversary.  I couldn't have asked for a better 2 years and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with Scott!  Under 20 days till the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment