Monday, December 20, 2010

Weekend Before Christmas

Twas the weekend before Christmas and we were stuck in St. Louis.  We had planned to go to Chicago but the car accident and then snow in Chicago and rental car's inability to drive through snow scratched that idea.  We found plenty of things to do.  Friday I had lunch with Liz at Latitude 26 in Dogtown.  Since I hadn't seen Liz in a while we had lots to catch up on and had a 3 hour lunch!  It was well worth it!

I then met Scott at Khaldi's for a quick dinner and then headed to Ursuline, my alma mater, for Elizabeth's 7th grade basketball tournament.  She had the privilege of  playing the original UA gym!  So many memories of gym class, high school dances and of course walking in and out for field hockey practices flashed back!  Elizabeth played well, but they just couldn't hang on to win.  We then went over to the Birch house and informed Catherine that she was going to the Blues game with us on Monday night.  It will be her first ever NHL game!  Then we drove around and looked at Christmas lights.

On Saturday, after a quick trip to the gym and a meet up with Ben to get Mathew's Christmas presents safely hidden at our house.  We headed down to Crown Candy for lunch.



After a 30 minute wait outside we finally we able to sit and enjoy our lunch.  Scott was crazy enough to drink 2 chocolate shakes along with his Heart-stopping BLT!  I just managed to drink all of my shake (which rarely ever happens) and my Big Cheese.  Needless to say, we didn't eat dinner!  But it was so good!



After lunch we stopped off at Scott's new office for a quick tour!  Must be nice to view the Arch from your desk every day!  And then it was off to Soulard Market, since it's just up the street from his new office.  We managed to stock up on a few things and hear the Christmas music that was planing live.  Afterwards it was home to relax.

Saturday night we did head back into the City to go see the Fighter at the Chase Park Plaza.  The movie was based on a true story of Micky Ward and was pretty good.  Christian Bale played Dick Eklund's role well, he dropped a lot of weight to play a crack addict.

On Sunday, we watched the Rams blow a promising start to a game they could have won.  And then I baked some banana bread and my mom's no-bake cookies.  The cookies taste awesome and are reminding that it is really starting to feel like Christmas with the sugar cookies and no-bake cookies around.



Although, after all this baking I'm thinking I'm going to have to be a little more serious about keeping up with my gym schedule come first of the year.  I know I'll be there along with everyone else!  Although it's just 5 days till Christmas and I of course still need to shop, nothing like waiting till the last minute!

On a car update, it is repairable.  In fact they are currently waiting on part for my fender and suspension.  They are fixing the tire today.  I should have my car Christmas Eve or by Monday, maybe in time before I go out of town.  The best news is that I don't have to go buy a new car!  Merry Christmas to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment