Monday, June 14, 2010

St. Gabriel's Picnic

My Saturday started out very busy. I went to yoga in Tower Grove Park with Kristin. Scott met us up there and then we decided to head down to Soulard Farmers Market to see what goodies we could find. There were so many people down there. Saturday was also Race for the Cure in St. Louis. There was nearly 72,000 people participating in that event that morning and a few had made their way over to Soulard.

It had been a while since I had been down to Soulard Farmers Market and I forgot how much there is to see. There really is a lot of value in going there. Scott and I have decided that we are going to have to start making our list and going down there to get our fruits and veggies from now on...there is just too much for us to pass up.

After Soulard we decided to finally try Blues City Deli. I've heard great things about this place and that I had to go check it out. I figured that since we were close enough and since Scott and been working for about 36 hours he needed a treat. Scott loves sandwiches and this place did not disappoint. The service was fast and the food was awesome! It was hard to get a seat even at 11:30 on a Saturday but I would think that taking it to go it would be worth it.

Ahh yes it's that time of year! It was St. Gabriel picnic time! Scott and I watched the USA vs. England World Cup game...tied 1-1 tie with the lamest World Cup goal that the USA could get. But we'll take it and hopefully be able to move on. After the game we walked down to get some food and see who was there. Shortly after arriving we were able to watch Mathew go down the slide a few times and then the rain came. It came down like a monsoon. We were stuck under tents with other picnic goers and it was fun to be there and talk with people how "it never rains on Gabe's picnic day!"

The rain cleared up by 6:30 and the true picnic goers came out and we all hung out at the beer booth. It was great being able to see people who I only see once a year. I truly look forward to this day every year and it never fails. I was able to see a few people from my grade school class that I have not seen since we graduated 8th grade. I love how this is a once a year reunion! Also, seeing the rides and having flashbacks of my childhood and how I want my children to have the same experiences that I had. I'm glad I was able to share a little bit of this with Scott, before his exhaustion set it.

No comments:

Post a Comment